Great questions to ask wedding suppliers when planning your wedding!
When choosing your suppliers for your special day, it’s so important to pick out people who not only fit your budget and style, but also people who you can vibe with and who work well together with others in a team. You want people who will show up for you no matter the circumstance so that your big day goes on without a hitch. That being said, deciding who to choose can be quite time-consuming and with so many to select from, you want to make sure you’re asking the right questions. I’ve listed some important questions below to several different suppliers which will help you in selecting your ultimate dream team and curating the wedding of your dreams!
General questions to all suppliers
- Do you have availability on my date?
- How much is required to secure my date (deposit) and will I receive an official invoice?
- What new and existing safety processes do you have in place to ensure you are COVID compliant?
- What is your policy on postponements/cancellations and are there associated fees?
- What happens if you are unavailable to make the day due to unforeseen circumstances?
- Do you have recommendations or testimonials of your work?
- How can you make our wedding personal and purposeful?
- How do you handle working with multiple suppliers?
- What will you do to minimise stress during the wedding planning process?
- Do you have different rates for weekdays and weekends?
- Do you work on a preferred supplier basis or are we free to bring our own?
- Do you require suppliers to have certifications e.g. PAT certificates or liability insurance?
- Are you licensed for civil ceremonies and where can this ceremony take place in the venue?
- Will you provide us with a concept/mood board?
- Do you have a showroom we can visit and select items?
- How long do you need to set up and wind down?
- What kind of accessibility do you require (ramps, lifts, step ladders, trolleys)?
- Do you offer tasting sessions?
- Do you cater to various dietary requirements?
- Do you have the necessary business food hygiene certification and insurance documentation?
- Do you provide serving staff within your cost or is this an extra fee?
- What measures do you put in place to ensure you get the best photos/videos of us and our loved ones, especially with others taking pictures on their devices?
- How long is your turnaround process to receive the pictures/videos?
- Who holds the copyright to the images/footage?
- How do you deal with song requests from guests?
- Do you have a sample playlist/ performance videos we can watch or listen to?
- How do you get people on the dancefloor?
- Can you offer advice on what flowers will be best for my chosen theme/budget?
- Do you mix fresh flowers with artificial?
- Is delivery included and if yes, when will this be?
Make up artist/Hair stylist
- Do you work with my type of skin/hair?
- Will we have a trial before the big day and is this an extra cost?
- Do you offer both hair and makeup services together?
These questions will help get you thinking about the different aspects of your wedding you should be considering, especially when speaking to different suppliers. It’s intended to help you navigate the selection process so that you choose the right dream team to bring your day to pass. Please remember that your wedding suppliers are there to support you and put your mind at ease during your journey together so please don’t be afraid to ask if there’s anything you’re unsure about. As you select your wedding vendors, remember there are no silly questions so don’t worry or fear any judgement about asking a question, no matter how mundane it might seem. My only caveat is that during the process, remember these are professionals whose expertise you can lean on to ensure your day goes as perfectly as possible. I hope this helps and happy planning!